Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Day Delight


Thanks to everyone that joined us for this month's brunch. You have now been canonized as an early adopter. As was everyone at the last brunch. From here on out if you come, you are a second place finisher.

The conversation about politics was very short, because everyone didn't care who won so long as it wasn't McCain, Fuckabee, or Shrub. Which is surprisingly because the Bloody Marys were very strong and spicy. I was sure that everyone would have imbibed enough from that one drink to really lay into McCain. I guess Ben did, but it wasn't the focus of the brunch. Instead the Oscars was topic of speculation, which probably should shed some sociological light on the status of politics in America or NYC.

For those that missed the event, shame on you, you really missed out on the Arrepas con Benedictos. I'm a fan and fanatic of Eggs Benedict and these were awesome. The corn meal under the poached eggs with the pungent smoked ham was very, very good. Everyone went from being very talky to being very quiet and moaning once the food came.

The service wasn't the best, there was a bit of discontent about not seating us and the use of an orange handled carafe to dispense regular coffee, but the food was very good. The Bloody Marys and the Arrepas con Benedictos were a great match. I'd go there again. But this time I'm going to schedule a little bit of nap time in my day.

Afterwards, everyone went to Trader Joe's and I bought way too much stuff, but lucked in with the salted brownies, which if you read my Parenting Blog, you'd know how much I love TJ's,

1 comment:

rg said...

I ate the whole tub of salted brownies in one sitting. They were so tasty!